Rules & Criteria
ELIGIBILITY: The Sackville Business Awards, hereby will be referred to as “the contest”, will consist of eligible member businesses. For businesses to be considered for nomination they must meet all requirements in the rules and regulations section of the contest.
ELIGIBILITY: The contest is open for voting to all residents of Canada aged 18 or older at the time of the contest. Voters under the age of 18 must seek parental permission before going online to cast their vote.
By voting online, all voters accept the terms and conditions of the rules and regulations, which are subject to change without notice.
The contest begins September 1st, 2022 at 12:01 am Atlantic Time and ends on September 30th, 2022 at 11:59 pm Atlantic Time. The contest is void where prohibited by law. All times will refer to the Atlantic Time zone.
Contest Rules, Regulations, Terms & Conditions
- TO VOTE: Voters must visit one of the three voting pages, which can be accessed through the SBA website or Facebook page. Voters will select/nominate the business they feel best meets the criteria for the appropriate category. When a business is selected the voter must then input the appropriate information at the bottom of the voting page for their vote to be submitted. All votes are final and cannot be changed and resubmitted.
- PRIZING: Winning businesses will receive a trophy provided by the SBA.
- WINNERS: There will be three categories businesses can receive awards in – Best New Business, Best Customer Service and Business of the Year. Winners will be contacted within 5 business days of the contest closing. Awards will be presented at the Business Breakfast & Business Awards.
- NEW BUSINESS AWARD CRITERIA: To be nominated for Best New Business, a business must be located within the Sackville Business Improvement District, and have been in operation a minimum of 2 years and a maximum of 5 years.
- BUSINESS OF THE YEAR AWARD CRITERIA: To be nominated for Business of the Year, a business must meet one or more of the following criteria; good customer service, aesthetically pleasing, supportive of the community, and/or good employer.
- A business is not eligible to win the same category within a 3 year period.
- By voting in the contest, each voter, or the parent/guardians on the voter’s behalf, automatically accepts the contest rules, which are subject to change without giving notice, and automatically releases the contest sponsors, participants, SBA board members, SBA employees, and advertising and promotional agencies from any and all liabilities arising in connection with the contest.
- Any and all disputes relating to the contest will be resolved by the SBA, in its sole and absolute discretion, all decisions shall prevail and all decisions will be final.
- Upon voting in the contest, the voter will be required to select if they agree to receive SBA emails regarding Sackville events and contests. If the entrant checks YES, he/she/they voluntarily provides personal information including, but not limited to, the entrants name and email address, and grants the SBA the right to use this personal information to contact the entrant for Sackville events and contests.